If you think that you are a candidate for a program in your state, the only way to know for sure is by visiting a physician and being assessed so that it is possible to get your medical marijuana recommendation. You can not just buy a card, or hold onto a physician’s note and believe that you are guarded. Each of the states which have legalized medical marijuana have created medical cannabis cards to track patients that are using this medicine lawfully. The only way that you are lawfully protected is by holding a legitimate medical cannabis card that’s been issued by the state in which you reside, after your doctor has seen you and recommended you for medicinal marijuana for your medical situation. The way to obtain a Card is a significant thing you have to follow along here.
Top Ten Things to Know About Medical Cannabis
There are a number of critical things that you ought to be aware of with regards to medical marijuana. To better help you be as prepared as you can, here are the top five things to learn about it until you get your medical cannabis card.
1. Medical cards are issued in 15 states and in DC – check with your state to learn if yours is on the listing.
2. You can’t buy a prescription for marijuana, just a card that provides you legal protection in your state and gives you accessibility to marijuana dispensaries.
3. It is illegal to drive or operate machinery when using this; the legislation are same with regards to alcohol use.
4. Getting a Medical Cannabis Card is only valid for a year after it has been issued, then it must be renewed.
5. Your medical cannabis card is only valid for the state where it had been issued, no additional states, even when they have a medical cannabis program.
Checklist for Your Medical Cannabis Appointment
As soon as you have made an appointment to be evaluated for an Medical recommendation with a doctor, there are a number of things you will want to be certain that you bring along with you. In this manner you are as best prepared as is possible, and you can ensure that your appointment goes as smoothly as expected. Be certain to take some notes on these important items that you should bring with you, before your appointment. Also, online medical card san diego, if you’re seeing a new physician, do not forget to bring together your medical history that they can examine it while examining you for a medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Make sure that you bring any of the following to your appointment to provide evidence of your identity: present and valid state driver’s license or valid and current state ID card, current military issued ID card, passport, and proof of residency (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc.).
Medical History: Including any new medical records that you have, any prescriptions that you are presently using, any evaluation results including X-rays or blood pressure, and data about your most current physician.